View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
If they trade Peverley they still have Bergeron and Krejci at C and Seguin, Lucic, Horton and Marchand. The point is they have 5 top-6 wingers (or 7 top-6 forwards). I think they could trade one for some help on D.

Talking about who can they get from the Caps for Peverley, what about Orlov? I don't know though. I know my fellow Caps fans are gonna jump on me for just mentioning Orlov on this board.
The actual value might be ok, but it doesn't make as much sense when you realize that the Bruins don't have a top line with a 100 point center, a 50 goal wing and a 30 goal wing. They have two lines that are better than almost every team's 2nd line but not as good as many first lines offensively so they need to spread out the scoring on 3 lines unless they are going to upgrade to the point where they have 100 point and 50 goal guys. That is a must in order to be one of the better teams in the league.

The Bruins never even got started in the playoffs last year, but Horton and his offense may have meant an added 2 or more goals over the course of that series and if that happened, they just might have won it even though the team didn't show up.

It comes down to needing the offense to move on in the playoffs, the Bruins averaged less goals per game without Horton than with him and it wasn't good enough to get the team through the tough times when they are tired or facing a tough team, the simple math of the situation dictates that they improve, not subtract offense.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote