View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 04:44 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Drouin is probably one of the five most talented draft eligible players I've seen in the last three or four years. He's incredible.

He's also a cherry picking son of a ***** that has never come below the hash marks in his own zone in his life. He's fantastic a picking picking pockets, stealing the puck and breaking for a rush the other way. Short of that, no D of any kind. Jonathan Rouin.

Also pretty much just hangs out in the offensive zone. Not about to dig a puck out of anywhere anytime soon.

I love this player and I have no doubt he's going to put up huge numbers in the NHL, but my concern is that he's tiny, and the opposite of everything Tippett looks for. That said, he's already putting up two points a game in the CHL and won't be AHL eligible for years. If we picked him, where the Hell would he play? Three points a game in the CHL does nobody any good. Five even strength minutes a night with Paul Bissonnette on his wing, with spot duty on the pp does nobody any good either.

That Monahan, on the other hand, is like Dave Tippett's dream. Same goes for Barkov. Lazar, too, but he has significantly lower upside and is much further away from the NHL. The first two would step right in. As would MacKinnon.

I'm really excited to see Rychel tomorrow, and and Shinkaruk later in the week.

It'll be great to see Lazar later in the week, too. He's my favorite among guys who might drop out of the top ten. I really like Domi, too.

Erne should be in the WJCs for the USA next month. Can't wait to get a look at him, too.

The lock out can suckit. Top tier Jr hockey is so much fun to watch. I must admit, though, a huge part of it is because of my Coyotes rooting interest.