View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 04:48 PM
eldiablo17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
No. His value hinges on if he has it in him to completely win back the starter position.
I think there is a very large myth in the east about Roberto Luongo. Of course there is the absolutely ridiculous assertions that his play is in the decline which anyone who paid attention to the Canucks' second half of the last season would know is incorrect. That isn't worth my time, what I want to clear up is that Luongo in no way, shape, or form "lost" his job last year.

He no more lost his job, than Kovalchuk lost his job in Atlanta. At no point last year was the phrase "I don't think his game is good enough for the team to move forward with him" a consideration aside from perhaps a couple zealous fans. The Canucks decided to go with the younger option who they believe is just as good although he still has much to prove. Luongo's play is not the reason he is being moved, Schneider's play, and situation (age/contract), are the reasons the Canucks feel they have the luxury to move an elite goaltender, and you are kidding yourself if you believe him to be anything else, to attempt and patch other holes on the team.