Thread: Sergei Fedorov
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 06:07 PM
livewell68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars23 View Post
OMG LOL Funniest post I've read so far! You really are pulling almost everything from air.

You obviously never watched team Russia play in the day, because Mogilny only played in 1996, Bure in 1998 and 2002 (with a Broken Hand) and Konstantinov never played in the Olympics or World Cup. So were you lying or misinformed?

Russia was missing half their team in 1998 because of the coaching problem Mogilny, Larionov, Fetisov, Khabibulin, Kozlov, Zubov etc, etc declined to play, Konstantinov's injury.. you never watched them obviously

Feds had better lines mates, so funny haha I think you mean Fedorov was the Better International Player - Game Over
Do you want me to name some of the Russian players in 1998 for the Olympics?

Alexei Yashin, Pavel Bure, Valeri Bure, Sergei Gonchar, Valeri Kamensky, Alexei Zhamnov.

These guys were already all NHL household names.

The Czechs had Jagr, Hasek, Rcinsky, Reichel and Straka that were already established NHL players. Everyone else on that Czech team were playing in Europe.

The fact that Fedorov had Bure to play, along shows that Fedorov had help Internationally. In fact some consider Bure to be the better Russian player. Who on the Czech team had anyone other than Jagr that was remotely as close to being as good as him on the team (minus the goalie of course)? Russia also had Yashin who was a premier talent back then as well.

Notice how no one else seems to agree with your posts and your arguments seem to fail when real stats that matter are brought up.

For all of Fedorov's overhyped 4, 20+ Pts playoff runs, in two of them he was below PPG, one he was exactly PPG another he was a bit over.

Why haven't you attacked the argument that Jagr's NHL teams were weaker than Fedorov's? I already know why, it's because it is true. Fedorov played on powerhouse teams in his prime while Jagr was the sole Hall of Fame caliber player on many of those teams he led to the playoffs.