Thread: GDT: Norfolk vs. Binghamton
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Elvs

vCash: 500
Scratching a player, especially with the talent he has (he knows he should be among the best players on the team) and at his age, could just as well make him play worse.

Usually when someone struggles, the first thing that comes to mind for a fan is "omg, bench him!". But many coaches often decides to do the complete opposite, get the player back out on the ice immedieately after a horrendous play that led to a goal against.

I'd know I'd prefer the later treatment, hopefully make a good shift and just forget about the mistake... Rather than sitting on the bench thinking about my error(s) and knowing that I'll be under close watch my next shift. I know from playing soccer I always hated getting critized by teammates (from the coach it's easier to take). A: It would only make me play worse and B: I know when I'm playing bad, I don't need somebody else to tell me.

It's about pressing the right buttons for specific players. If Yawney actually scratched Vatanen the other day, hopefully he knew that was the right button...

Elvs is online now   Reply With Quote