View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 05:26 PM
jbeck5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefan View Post
Sorry, I don't see one. I never liked Kuba. Yes, he was much stronger last year but he virtually has no offensive game and no vision. Kuba is a pretty safe defenseman but he can't be counted on 5vs5, 5vs4 to provide offense.

PW was once highly touted, even more highly ranked than Karlsson. He always was a long term project and he still is. I still think he has Top 4 potential and can be a important part of our backend.
Kuba isn't a flashy offensive player. He can't stickhandle for ****. His slap shot can be ok, but it takes forever to get it off that he would usually just fake shoot and slap pass it in down low in the corner. That being said, he had very good vision and poise for a defenseman. He was always a safe bet to make a nice productive outlet pass. He could easily rack up the secondary assists which mean he was somewhat of a catalyst offensively from the back end. I think you make him seem way worse offensively then he is.

What you just described is incapable of reaching 0.5ppg from the back end, but kuba can, and has several times...twice with us. When i read what you wrote, i would expect lundin/methot production...like 7 points in 65 games, but kuba is way better than that.

He averaged 4-5 goals, and 32-33 assists per 82 games with us for about 36-38 points. That's almost as offensively productive as gonchar has been for us.

He wasn't flashy, but he was productive offensively. I would love if wiercioch could be a 30-40 point(per full season) D for us like kuba was.

His career stats are 792-69-254-323 which easily translate to 79-7-25-32 average. That is very good for a guy who can't be "counted on to produce offense" lol that's like, way above average offensive numbers for a D who played half his career in the dead puck era.

He's not a karlsson,corvo, letang, etc that's for sure. I get what you're saying there. He doesn't have flash. That being said, he's not an anton "puck is a live grenade" volchenkov either. He can be trusted to carry the puck out and make a nice pass that can create offense. Guys like andy sutton can't. I just want to make sure you don't think he's in that league either because he's way better then that.

Last edited by jbeck5: 11-11-2012 at 05:36 PM.
jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote