View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 05:44 PM
kirant
Kiprusoffarian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Since he played in the nhl he has SV of .920 and a GAA of 2.14 in the AHL. How is that inconsistent as I said you logic sucks.
Because averages mean nothing on consistency. The average of .918, .919. .920 are the same as .868, .919, and .970. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a standard deviation stat for these sorts of purposes.

That being said, I think Taylor has been outstanding. It has been 5 years since he played for the Kings, and I think 4 since he suited up for the Monarchs. Using data from then is hard. In a similar Flames example, when Giordano left for Russia, we thought it was outrageous to even offer a 1 way contract to him about 5 years ago. How silly we look now. Taylor has proven his point in Abbotsford as a stellar AHL goalie and even looked good behind a mediocre Heat team last year. This year is just a continuation behind a better team.

At this rate, I think he stands a shot at a two way contract and might earn some extra money as a call-up when the regular backup goes down. As a roster regular, I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he contradicts this and does end up an NHL backup. Goaltender projections are so hard to make.

kirant is offline   Reply With Quote