View Single Post
Old
05-20-2006, 08:05 PM
jwalk

vCash: 500
Hey Ry Dogg

Ry Dogg - A few tidbits for you after attending the Sting mini camp.( I don't believe anyone else here really gives a ***** about the team so I'll direct this at you - LOL) As previously mentioned it appears that Stamkos will live up to his advanced billing. The kid is an offensive machine. When he was on the ice with Katic and Gomes it was like they were on the powerplay- like I said even tho it was a split squad game 9 points ain't bad by anyones standards.
Other kids that looked good were Connor McFarlane,the goalie Di Salvo looked great,as well as the 5th round pick Chase Clarke.
Kyle Tront looked really good also,and was all over the ice,and appears to be fully recovered from the broken leg.
Gomes was also really impressive - he was playing wing with Stamkos ,and these guys clicked immediately. He had about 6 points. I've never seen him fly like he did today.
Katic also looked great- and he and Stamkos will be amazing on the pp.
THere will be some announcements June 1 regarding some aquisitions. When they traded the 2nd rounder to Belleville they got 2 extra players in the deal. (One likely a goalie.). Also there's been a deal with Oshawa that will be announced.
It's been a tough couple of years (and we've had to put up with a lot of crap),but our time is drawing near.