View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
I was just going to post the same thing - and one of the three PP goals on Friday was a 5 on 3.
So the Heat managed one even strength goal each night, not so impressive when you look at it that way.

I do see Replacement's point to some extent.
In general the Heat were the more organized team imo, while the Barons frequently looked like a bunch of guys trying to do things on their own.

The announcers said the Heat dressed eight undrafted players in the game last night, while the Barons were playing with probably that many first round picks.
On paper that's a massive mismatch. Maybe there is something to the idea that some of the Barons players would rather not be in the AHL. Who can blame them really.
My comments weren't particularly well expressed.

A large part of my concern emanates from players that can't figure out a lock or NZ trap wherever they see it or encounter it or in the AHL or NHL, against NHL teams or not.

One thing I was most frustrated and disappointed with through the two game set is how much trouble we had with some standard NZ systems and in this case executed by players that shouldn't be giving us this much of a run for our money.

I've shared your notion that the players maybe don't care that much, but I also noted a lot of frustration the players showed at being shutdown.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote