View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
mossey3535

vCash: 500
I agree with Cox for once. It's ironic that the NHL seems like the side who is more eager to make a deal, when in fact every second that ticks off the clock gives them a de facto rollback on player salaries.

If anyone on this board knows a player, they should implore them to explore their options. Stalling is the WORST thing the players could do. The owners will always have the financial upper hand in a war of attrition.

This salary will NEVER be recouped. Ever. I don't understand this at all. It doesn't make financial sense, and it doesn't satisfy any kind of moral stance. It's one thing to spin stuff for PR's sake, but you're not supposed to blindly believe it.

For example - the deterrence strategy. What a load of crap. If you were an NHL owner losing money, and then at the end of next CBA you were still losing money then damn skippy you would lock out the players again. You wouldn't even think twice. I hate that Fehr is trying to spin it like he was the author of MLB labour peace when in fact it's people like me who never watched another MLB game again who were the ones who scared both sides into not having another work stoppage.

Seriously, this is a tragedy for the players.