View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
I thought we had some excellent personel on the D side of the ball. Our starting front 7 was superb and 4 of the guys on pass defence managed to hide Rod Williams for most of the season, until he was badly exposed in yet another playoff game today. Nelson refuses to blitz for some strange reason. From what I saw today for example, they only rushed the front 4 and exerted absolutely zero pressure on RR for the most part. The first blitz occured with about 4 minutes left in the 1st half, and Munoz got a sack for the efforts. Unfortunately, the score was out of hand by that point. Nelson has tried to get away with rushing 4 guys for the most part all year and it really killed us today. I think he feels we need to stack up on pass coverage and get those kind of sacks. Credit to the people on our D that are able to make things happen despite a very vanilla passive type of system. No, I don't think it's a learning curve with Nelson. It's his style and RR exposed him badly today. If we had any kind of a confusing rush on Ray from the get go, we may have rattled him. That's what I thought they would do. But Nelson did the same thing he's done all year. Rush 4 and hope for the best.

Fail.
Yep, it's going to be really frustrating to see Montreal blitz the crap out of Ray as they always do and have an easy time ending the Argos season next week. I'd be surprised if the Argos offense generates 20 points next week.

We all knew what the key to victory was. The coaching staff had no clue, as they seldom do. Every single member of that staff can walk the plank. Not one area of this team that was well coached this year. Not a single one.