View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 07:56 PM
melinko

vCash: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I disagree, Zucker absolutely has the ability to create on his own. As much as I don't like to admit it, Coyle seems to do that as well. Phillips is definitely a complimentary player though. My issue is that Larsson and Coyle seem to move and think in the same way, rather than in complimentary ways. They go for the same pucks, and fall back on the same plays. With Granlund on that line, it seemed like they always ended up having one guy going after the puck with another moving into position for them to make a play to. They all had their separate responsibilities and they stuck to them.
Philips doesn't deserve to be in the category with the others, he looks a long way off.

What I mean by sidekicks is both Zucker and Coyle could be in the NHL right now and not look out of place because they would have some NHL players with them doing heavy lifting. But they wouldn't be the ones controlling a line.

Coyle can hold is own cycling the puck and along the boards, but Zucker and Larsson can't. When Coyle gets the puck behind the net both of the others are overmatched out front.

Zucker can strike quick and is dangerous when going north/south but he can't create space in the zone, its all off the rush/turnover where he already has space. He can't shed someone that plays him tight.

Larsson looks like he needs some grinders with skill, hes weaker along the boards than I expected.

They all look like rookies good enough to be in the show not good enough to be the ones controlling it yet, I guess as expected since they are.

EDIT: Philips is on a different level than the others, I don't think he could get spot duty in the NHL like the others. Hes trying dangles that have 0 chance of working.

melinko is online now   Reply With Quote