View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Tintin's Ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takehisheadoff View Post
I am loving Trouba more and more with the highlights I see of him. I am going to keep my mouth and thoughts quiet and shut when they draft. In 2011 I was furious when I seen they drafted Schieffle over Couturier. Now I see that was a better choice. Last draft I was mad because they passed up Grigorenko and Forsberg for Trouba. I keep watching videos of him on Youtube and keep liking what I see.
I'm with you 100% on Trouba. Most impressive is his quality play as an 18 year old in the NCAA. There is no gradual learning curve for him as it appears to me (from reading box scores and online snippets) that he is handling a big role for the Wolverines as a rookie. Hits, shoots, passes, hits some more...this guy really does it all from the blueline. And there's something very type A about of his personality I pick up from interviews and his Tweets that suggest to me he has the mental architecture to be a big-time player.

I hesitate to suggest Scheifele was the best pick for the Jets with who was still on the board. Couturier, yes, but even more so Dougie Hamilton. Guy is considered by many to be best defensive prospect not yet in the NHL in the world. NOT saying Scheifele is no good or a bust he is damn fine player. But Hamilton (and Couturier IMO) are better players. I root for Scheifele and salivate over thought of him taking out Strome for top scorer in the OHL. However, I think Hamilton is shaping up to be the best player taken in the #5+ range in the 2010 draft. Scheifele will be reliable but I don't think he is as great as is sometimes portrayed around here.

Tintin's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote