Thread: Proposal: Van-Tor-Wsh
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
mstad101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
You say that like you're correcting him, but everything he said is still true. You can't complain about other fanbases not knowing what the Canucks need and then fail to understand why Toronto would be hesitant to trade a guy like Bozak. Bozak has much more value to the Leafs as their #1 center (albeit a poor one) than he does as a #3 in Vancouver.
I completely agree with you here and I do agree that the Leafs have a couple of players who can be useful on the Nucks.
But your line of thinking needs to be shared amoungst other Leaf fans in the way we value your players coming across, must be seen for Luongo as well. Despite the fact we have an option just as good or better does not take away from Luongo himself. Especially considering he is a better option pretty much year in and year out than 20 other starters; Leafs included, he should still be valued as the quality number 1 he has been for ever.

I understand that Mac has grown as a player there, but having Mac as the center piece in a Luongo trade, when we are giving the best player in the deal and not even breaking even doesn't make sense asset management wise. Now adding quality pieces like a solid prospect and a protected 1st, that gets closer to an actual deal.
Mac has as many questions about him as Lupul, who as others have stated I see more of a 2nd line complimentary forward on a team like Vancouver where we have proven first line players. So I value him as such. Mac I see as a Higgins/Raymond like tweener and value him as such to Vancouver. Given the knowledge the Nucks have comparables already in place along with a minimum of two prospects who project right now as 2nd line players who could fit with Kesler well, Mac just doesn't seem like the best possible piece for Luongo

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote