View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 08:31 PM
seafoam
Players, please

vCash: 395
This is coming from an Isles fan...

Putting contracts aside, I would do this deal, heck I would do Okposo for Hansen straight up. The reason I say this is because I honestly don't know what type of player Kyle Okposo is. He is not physical enough to be a powerfoward, he is not outstanding offensively. I guess he is a soft two-way player who is good along the boards and is frustrating to watch. Most of his goals come from being set up by Tavares or Nielsen. I think I may be overracting considering he had his best statistical season while having a terrible early season slump but he can be such a better player if he stuck his nose in the action for once and improved his shot. Hansen on the other hand is a fan favorite over in Vancouver and is a physical player who brings it every shift. I'm not sure if he has the skill to be a 50-60 point top six foward but what he brings to the table makes up for that. I don't know much about Tanev so I won't comment on him.

The only problem is Okposo is under a solid contract till 2015-2016, while Hansen is a UFA next year and is going to be looking for a big payday.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote