View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
I really don't think either of Bobkov or Andersen will become NHL calibre goalies. IIRC, Bobkov was mediocre in the OHL, and still hasn't really put it together, and Andersen is a little behind in development for somebody who's 23. The NHL guy who I think has what it takes is Gibson, and I'm sure all of you will agree that he's our best Goalie prospect. I'm not completely writing off Bobkov or Andersen, as their still quite young, I just don't see it happening. Gut feeling.
I didn't see him play last season but from what I read Bobkov was behind an awful team in the OHL and still posted a somewhat respectable save percentage and apparently kept his team in more than a few games they shouldn't have been in.

I would agree that Gibson is our best goaltending prospect but the development curve of goalies is so hard to predict. Some guys will come out of nowhere to become NHL starters in their late 20s where as others like Carey Price and Cam Ward are starting at a relatively young age. From what I've seen, Bobkov is incredibly raw and has had some great moments but has also allowed some very questionable goals. Andersen hasn't really impressed me but he's new to North America and we're only 10 games into the season. I remember how bad Hiller looked in his first 10 or so starts in 07-08 compared to how he looked by the end of the season where you could start to see signs that he had the potential to be a good NHL starter.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote