View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
Instead of revenue sharing, the millionaire players should just take a substantially smaller piece of the pie.

Then the poor teams have no need of revenue sharing, and fans of rich teams don't have to pay inflated prices for tickets to subsidize poor teams.
You're going to pay the exact same price regardless if there's RS or not. Teams charge as much as they think the fans are willing to pay, not less, not more. The only difference is how much of that is profit to that team, and how much goes to help the league that your team is part of, for the betterment of the league in general.

edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
I would also like to question something...

Leafs tickets sell out in MOMENTS after going on sale. It's almost impossible to get your hands on them.

So is this really supply and demand? You would think, if it really was supply and demand, that ticket prices in Toronto would be substantially higher.

So that begs the question...
if the leafs owners have to dish out an additional few dozens of millions of dollars for revenue sharing... wouldn't they just increase their ticket/hot dog/beer prices in order to make up the difference?

Increased revenue sharing is so unfair to the fans of rich teams that it's just sickening.
Then you should be happy that Toronto isn't charging as much as they could be. And I've never had an issue getting tickets when I was in Toronto. Only been a few times, yet still watched every game I was in town for.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote