View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Numbers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Sure.
Out of curiosity, what is it you think you're getting in Colborne that you're not in Kadri? The only thing he has on him IMO is size, but even then he really doesn't use it like he should. And you have to understand why Leafs fans are so hesitant to trade 1st round picks, even if the team is drastically improved. It's seldom that a day goes by here on hf without seeing somebody rag on the Leafs for 'giving up' Seguin and Hamilton. I really would not be comfortable with the Leafs giving up the 2013 1st in such a deep draft.

And another problem with this speculation is there really isn't that much precedent. It's not as simple as just saying he's an all-star, he's also a goalie which already makes it really difficult to gauge value, but on top of that there are some questions about how his contract affects his value.
Ya I understand that the last couple of 1sts given up haunt you guys, but then again Kessel is your best player. Let me ask you this, what would you expect in a trade for Kessel or Phaneuf? Would you be asking for a 1st to be part of a package? Because the thing is that Luongo is the same calibre of player as these guys and arguably better. Paul Gaustad deliverd a 1st last year! To answer your question about Kadri, yes it would be nice to have but we had Hodgson who is a another smallish skilled player and Gillis traded him away. Colbourne is not perfect by any measure but he has solid upside, size and fits the mould that Gillis is building out team for the future. I'll tell you what in the trade I suggested instead of giving us a 1st, you gave us Kadri then I would call it a day. But Colbourne I think is the prospect Canucks will ask for if there is a trade with Toronto.