View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 11:02 PM
aqib

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post

I wouldn't bet the farm that the new lease even makes it to the council meeting at the end of November. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets derailed before then. If the Jamison lease does make it onto the agenda, it could be a very entertaining meeting. Imagine the scenario of an incoming mayor or council member getting up in open session and criticizing the acting City Manager and the deal he has cooked up. It could very well happen. I'd also love to see Jamison stonewall the citizens and city council about the identity of the prospective owners, as he did last time. It is absolutely hilarious that a city council might again sanction a $320 million subsidy deal to an unknown party of investors.
Does anyone know if the acting City Manager wants the full time gig? If he does I doubt that it would come to that. I think if he knows the incoming council doesn't want the Coyotes deal he will stonewall it until they come in. I could see Clark calling him out for stonewalling and saying "until 1/7 you report to us and we want this deal in front of us to vote on"