Thread: Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
I like the Pouliot pick. D-Men with his skill set are usually worth a premium in the NHL today. It just needs to translate from junior to the NHL but that's the question with all these kids. He's no closer or further away from doing that than any guys that went after him.

Seemed like this past draft was Yakupov, Murray and then a bunch of other guys that were questionable for various reasons. Galchenyuk had a major injury in junior, Grigorenko was a guy that I read the KHL would go hard after. I think the Russian factor certainly hurt him a bit.

I can see the rumor of the Pens having Pouliot as the #3 overall player on their board being true. Sometimes scouts just love a certain player way more than most people do and it's possible this is one example of that.

It would have been funny if we picked him at #3 either by an entirely different Staal deal or by making the Carolina deal earlier in the day and using the #8 pick to move up to that spot to pick Pouliot. I can just imagine the outrage on here with picking him at #3 since some weren't even happy with picking him at #8.