View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
Tickets sell out in seconds after going on sale.
They're very difficult to get. This is no secret.

The price that scalpers sell their tickets at are supply and demand. Not the leafs.

Yes... I am very happy that my team doesn't gouge us as much as they could.
Something that would DEFINITELY go away if they have to pay dozens of millions of extra dollars on with revenue sharing.

Once again... what would I rather? To pay MORE money for my tickets to help the poor teams?
OR FOR THE MILLIONAIRE PLAYERS TO SIMPLY TAKE A SMALLER PIECE OF THE PIE?

It's such an obvious answer that I can't believe a discussion is currently even happening.
Apparently not... It took me all of 5 minutes to find a ticket for Toronto/Montreal on opening night last year in the lower bowl (row 10 or 14 - can't remember now). Saturday night, Toronto/Sens took even less time.

And your team isn't going to have to pay dozens of millions (implying multiple dozens) more than what they're currently paying. My understanding is that Toronto paid out 15m last year. They might pay double that going forward (would depend on how it's structured, final numbers, etc).

Yes we'd all rather the players take less. That would actually help the league long term. However, don't confuse that with teams charging less for tickets... it will not happen. Ticket prices will continue to go up as long as the team believes there's a market for those tickets.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote