View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
For the first game, when everyone's healthy, I expect either or both of Armstrong and Prust to be on Plekanec's line. You need shutdown ability on that line, which at least Prust has.

Armstrong-Plekanec-Prust
Moen-Plekanec-Prust
Gionta-Plekanec-Prust
White-Plekanec-Prust
White-Plekanec-Moen

Are legitimate possibilities. Keeping the DD-Pac-Cole line together, which I think Therrien will go for, means putting Plekanec into a defensive role.
Those are horrible lines, and a huge waste of Plekanec's offensive skills.
This guy is turning it up in the Czech league playing with Jagr, now he'd come back and be paired with two grinders (except for the Gionta one) in order to form a shutdown line?? That's absolutely retarded.

I think different lines must be tried during training camp in order to maximize our offensive capabilities. If that means breaking those guys up, so be it.
We had this one line last year, they lead us to the last place in the East, 28th in the NHL. Our offensive depth did not improve, so might as well mix it up and see what gives.
You can reunite them on the PP.

But if Plekanec, at the beginning of the year, with a healthy roster, is used as a defensive center next to guys like Moen, Prust, Armstrong or White, I will stop watching after 3 games.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote