View Single Post
Old
11-11-2012, 11:43 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Those are horrible lines, and a huge waste of Plekanec's offensive skills.
This guy is turning it up in the Czech league playing with Jagr, now he'd come back and be paired with two grinders (except for the Gionta one) in order to form a shutdown line?? That's absolutely retarded.

I think different lines must be tried during training camp in order to maximize our offensive capabilities. If that means breaking those guys up, so be it.
We had this one line last year, they lead us to the last place in the East, 28th in the NHL. Our offensive depth did not improve, so might as well mix it up and see what gives.
You can reunite them on the PP.

But if Plekanec, at the beginning of the year, with a healthy roster, is used as a defensive center next to guys like Moen, Prust, Armstrong or White, I will stop watching after 3 games.
What led us to 28th last year wasn't the fact that nobody aside DD, Plek, Cole and Pacioretty produced. It was the fact that nobody on D was where they should have been on a regular depth chart, and the fact that we lost possibly EVERY game we could possibly have lost, as opposed to go something closer to 50-50.

Plekanec shouldn't be used in pure defensive fashion, but his teammates will depend on who will be healthy. If Bourque isn't healthy, then obviously one of the guys you mentionned will end up playing with Plekanec. I believe that if Bourque AND Gionta are out, then the lines could probably be split, with Armstrong and Cole playing with Plekanec, and Pacioretty and somebody else (I tend to favor Leblanc here) playing with Desharnais.

And lighting up the CEL is kindof irrelevant.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote