View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Disgruntled Observer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Apparently not... It took me all of 5 minutes to find a ticket for Toronto/Montreal on opening night last year in the lower bowl (row 10 or 14 - can't remember now). Saturday night, Toronto/Sens took even less time.

And your team isn't going to have to pay dozens of millions (implying multiple dozens) more than what they're currently paying. My understanding is that Toronto paid out 15m last year. They might pay double that going forward (would depend on how it's structured, final numbers, etc).

Yes we'd all rather the players take less. That would actually help the league long term. However, don't confuse that with teams charging less for tickets... it will not happen. Ticket prices will continue to go up as long as the team believes there's a market for those tickets.
Did you buy your tickets from Scalpers/off-sales?
My guess is yes, you did. You probably paid inflated prices.
Of course... you can just make up a whole different story, and nobody would know the difference.
It's the precise reason that personal stories like that shouldn't be used in such arguments.

Leaf tickets sell out every single game.
They sell out in minutes.
They CLEARLY could sell them for more money.

Beers in the ACC are very expensive.
They're still preposterously long line ups.
They CLEARLY could get away selling them for more money.

And now with all the increased revenue sharing... I'm sure that's PRECISELY what they'll do.
Thanks nhlpa.
Way to look out for the fans.

Disgruntled Observer is offline   Reply With Quote