Old
11-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Chaos

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
He's a 23 year old who just scored 60 points for the first time
In 71 games. While playing decent chunks of the season with Steve Ott and Adam Burish. While not getting close to prime PP time. While more often than not starting his shifts in the defensive zone.

Quote:
and people are saying there's no way he's traded for the #1 overall pick, the 19 year old scoring at over a point per game in the best active hockey league in the World. Yakupov has as many points as Ovechkin (the guy whose career low, 20 points lower than his next worse season, is still higher than Benn's career high) in one less game so far this KHL season. Now I'm not saying Yakupov = Ovechkin, I'm just putting things in perspective. Jamie Benn is scoring at roughly the same rate, only in the DEL in Germany, the 7th best league in Europe.
Haha what a complete joke of an argument.

Quote:
30/30 GMs would take Yakupov over Benn, guaranteed
No, they wouldnt.

Quote:
Benn is a good player, don't get me wrong, but his value is not on the level of Nail Yakupov.
You are right. Benn's value is higher.

That doesnt even answer the following question of the value to each team. Lets say the lockout gets resolved and the NHL starts December 1st, and Benn is traded for Yakupov. Great, the Stars have their 1st line RW for the forseeable future. But who is the other top 6 center on the Stars besides Derek Roy?

-Vagrant
Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote