"They're back."

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Van gets:

Umberger
Nikitin
This is the point at which I had to stop myself from just replying "**** off and die" and actually commit to reading the rest of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Clb gets:

Luongo
This would be the part where I gave up on that noble endeavor.

We have stated several times: we do not want Luongo at anything even distantly resembling a fair price. This is going in the opposite direction. This is two of our best players for a guy we're not pursuing and some other project defenseman.

Most Vancouver fans have been pretty reasonable about this. By contrast, justifications for this particular proposal have exclusively consisted of lots of "YES YOU DO DO THIS BECAUSE YOU SUCK AND YOU ALWAYS SUCK AND YOU NEED CHANGE AND YOU SUCK AND YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOCKEY SO YOU DON'T KNOW THAT YOU SUCK AND THAT SUCKS BUT YOU STILL SUCK".

This does not hold up to prior standards and you should be ashamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Wow that defense is deep. Every single one of them is a top 4 defenseman, 4 are arguable top 2. Would be a fantastic move for the Canucks, good for Columbus too I think. Would likely be reluctant to give up Umberger though as he seems to be a good leader and player for them.
No. Assuming this is a good idea for Columbus requires massively underrating just how effective Nikitin was as soon as he got here. Unless and until he regresses to the mean AND WE SEE IT HAPPEN (speculation from other teams' fans wanting to wheel and deal not welcome nor accepted in this regard ) he ain't goin' anywhere.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote