View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 06:14 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Does anyone follow Kirill Petrov anymore? He appears to be having a bad start in the KHL. He's got eight points in 22 games. Eight forwards and two defencemen on his team have more points.

Closing in on 23 years old (in five months), seemingly a third liner in an inferior league, is it fair to consider him irrelevant, given how so many other Isles prospects are developing so nicely?
We've been following him here. I have the opportunity to watch Kazan just about every time they play and I feel he has looked AWESOME!

He is playing the RW side and getting regular ice time. His line (which indeed is the 3rd line) has often been on the ice in critical moments. This has impressed me very much.

What I like is that he is very mobile and constantly wishes to create. He makes smart plays and can seriously rag the puck. He's pretty strong in the corners and along the boards. Coming in from the wing, he does tend to seek the option of deking out the onrushing Dman, maybe too much.

All in all, I feel he is a player. He has NHL size and speed. Based on his slick moves and how much he excels in body positioning along the boards, I think his game is very well-suited for the NHL.

What kind of impact he'll make from a statistical standpoint is an entirely different matter. He could be a 10-15-25 guy or a 25-35-60 guy. The transatlantic transition and linemates will play a key role.

If he ever comes over...