View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Lindros should go in because at one point he was the best hockey player on the planet. It would be a mistake not to have every hockey player that was ever considered the best on the planet in any given year in the HHOF.

There are tons of guys such as Nieuwendyk that you can't even come close to making that claim about.
How about Markus Naslund? He is arguably the best player in the world in 2003 or 2004. I wouldn't induct him in there.

Also let's look at Lindros' playoff portfolio as well. People forget just how Dionnesque it was. You've got 1997 as a good year - until the egg he laid in the final. Other than that each postseason was a playoff that he could have done much more. Overall he has 57 points in 53 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSlater View Post
Lindros had a good year in 2002 that should add to his legacy.
He was 18th in scoring in the NHL. He had 73 points and his team wasn't close to making the postseason. I don't think it is a year to brag about too much. He was clearly a shadow of his former self at that time. In the Olympics he had one point (a goal against Belarus). He was more or less a passenger on that Olympic team, at best. That is my opinion of 2002, you saw Lindros in a different light and realized just how far he had dropped.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote