View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
This rant is not all about you, so don't go all flame on me OK? Please?

Christ. Really. Boo Hoo. It's about good form, a fact of our lives every single minute of the day. What are the players supposed to say. 'I don't care about the fans, they can **** off'?

Of course they don't mean it when they mention the fans. Wow. How terrible. I hear people say things they don't mean all day long. It's called good form.

Jeezus. And not you, but to all those who really care that NHL players don't care about us? Really? Does this surprise you? They would play the game with no one in the stands. This is what they do. They just make much more money because we are there. We are peeping toms on their talent. We are not clients, we are fans. Understand the difference.

I don't give two ***** about NHL players either, except when they're on the ice, playing for or against the Habs. Otherwise they don't exist for me and I have no interest in their personal lives or their salaries. None. And they have no business in my personal life either by the way, or any business commenting on my salary. I return the same respect and distance to them.

It's a transaction. NHL players play for my pleasure, and I pay their salary. It's how the world works, and half the madness we have today is because people cross boundaries and don't understand this non personal relationship.

People who actually think that players must respect fans is a valid idea, or complain about the players' salaries, and say firemen or policeman or more brave and deserving, when there are only 700 NHL caliber players in the entire world, each year, are idiotic.

Of course police and firemen are brave and important, but they are not in the same public relationship with us, at all, in no way.

I just give up. EMO stupidity during this lockout from fans beyond belief. And the owners are taking advantage of it. Anyone who sides with the owners in this is a mug. Really. That's been my position from the start, and I believe it more every day.
I understand this, and agree with it. I am just sick of hearing them say it. They don't have to say anything about the fans. If a reporter asks them ''what about the fans'', well they can come up with something like ''fans are really the ones suffering from it, but this is our lively hood and it just needs to be done''. Something more genuine.
Would it really be that hard? Not that I care about the players, just sick of the BS.
I'm just growing my annoyance in the every day world of people that just spew out crap. Sick of it. World would be a better place if people just stayed honest and told the truth. Call it a phase if you'd like.

But I really hate it when I hear some fans talk as if they're entitled to something. Find that absolutely idiotic.

As for this lockout, I've said from the beginning, both sides handled it poorly, they're both at fault.