View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 09:24 AM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
so all europeans are small? north-americans needs to stop seeing europeans as the same thing, its a HUGE diffrence beetwen sweden and russia for exemple....and finland plays a very physical hockey etc.
No not all Europeans are small but on average theyre a lot more skinny and brought up in a much less physical brand of hockey than Canadians. Even the finns who I know play physical hockey are not physical to a level to compete physically with North American teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
The real issue for Canada right now for me as an outside observer is their goalies stink usually. They just aren't all that great. It is even starting to show at the highest level. It is a problem they need to address.
This hasnt really been stressed enough. Canada has Carey Price who I consider elite and will be hopefully the starter in Sochi. But Luongo is old and on the down side of his career, after that there isnt much talent. MAF is not that good, hes an average starter.

I think Malcolm Subban might have it though. Hes really impressed when I've watched him. Canada usually needs a goalie who makes the saves he has to and they can win, I think Subban can do that