View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 10:26 AM
espo*

vCash: 500
I'm afraid it Would hurt our player development, that is my main concern.

As far as helping develop talent from Denmark..............I don't really care.

I don't care for helping players from anywhere else honestly.

The thing is, a few high end talents from elsewhere is most likely good for our players development in that it creates a higher quality competition through all teams in the leagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I'm ok with it either way, and I think it's important to help support the development of players from non-traditional hockey powers, Denmark for example.. but I don't appreciate much 18 year old drafted Swedish goaltenders being 1st year players in the OHL who get playing time over a 16-17 year old Canadian. The CHL's mandate is first and foremost a Canadian developmental league. But, there's no doubt that the influx of European talent into the Canadian hockey league has been more of a positive than a negative in all areas except for goaltending... but whether the two are linked I can't say. I would like to see a rule whereby 18 year old drafted European goaltenders are ineligible to play in the CHL. If you are not a drafted European import at age 17, then they can't enter the CHL once they've already been drafted by an NHL team. See Dansk of the Erie Otters. I think the development of Dansk should be Sweden's priority and not ours.