View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

vCash: 500
Adam McQuaid is working on it. If he could sort out the issues he occasionally has with his decision making with the puck, he could be a real diamond in the rough. As it is, he's an excellent grinding D who you tend to notice doing a lot of subtle things right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I always had a soft spot for tough stay at home Dmen that fight.
That too. I suppose Mark Stuart should get some mention in a thread like this too.

I'm not sure out defense is as solid as it is without Johnny Boychuk. He's easy to underestimate because when you think about it Boychuk really doesn't fight all that much, and while he delivers some pretty crushing hits they're few and far between, making him an easy guy to forget about. But the kind of defenseman he is, mostly a stay at home type other than the shot, that's kind of what you want him to be. His size, strength and durability create a good bulwark and he's shown the ability to be effective with a number of different defensive partners. He'll have the odd bad night, especially against a speed team, but the man is pretty steady and the positives way outweigh the negatives with the guy.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote