View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Stoneman89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Seriously? Did i say anything about Rod Williams? As i said, there is a lot of turnover in football... Doesn't matter how good the defense was the year before it's almost always a certainty to see changes. I never said anything that indicated Williams couldn't be replaced, he's one guy not the whole defense. I said it early on in the year if the offense couldn't get it going the defense would be worn down by the end of the year, that IMO is the biggest reason for things like sloppy tackles. They spent a lot of time on the field. One game also doesn't define a team/unit. Like Reed or not when he came our defense improved substantially and been as good as could be expected. You people need to calm down a little and not be chanting for scorched earth immediatly having your hearts ripped out. Even an average offense (i.e. the one Ray would have in the least brought) would have seen the Eskies contend for a divison title. A good offense is paramount to the effectiveness and health of the defense. Like the play calls or not the defense hasn't been to blame for this season, we'd be the laughingstock of the league if it wasn't for our D. I think Reed trusted Crandall too much and if he can find a capable guy to run the offense the team should be able to contend for a Cup for sure. With Nicholls in house and Reilly as a Free Agent i think the Eskimos should be able to find somebody at least competent to play behind center.

I have some bad news for you. We ARE the laughing stock of the league. Traded away our starting QB for magic beans, traded away a 1st and 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft for a kicker that we never thought enough of to play (when we already have a kicker from said previous trade for starting QB), brought in a 2nd and then 3rd starting RB to mess up our current #1 RB status and put us right at the salary cap limit again(which we traded away starting QB to make room for), continued to play veteran QB's when it was obvious to everyone out there (fans, analysts, former players) that the team needed to move in a new direction. Abandoned the run game. Players not being instructed on what to do on kick returns. Never incorporated an aggressive defence. Played their best defensive player in a nothing game, aggravating his tender ankle and making him unavailable for a playoff game. Unable to adjust at halftime to anything the opponent would do. Had an abnormal number of pre-snap penalties every single game. Put wrong personnel on the field continuously (even had a punting formation set up without the punter on the field). Constantly burning time outs because of confusion. Team never ready to play at beginning of game (never scored an opening game touchdown until game 19 and outscored badly in 1st quarter). Poor tackling fundamentals. No return game. Mediocre return coverage game. GM fired one week before playoff game. CEO says he approved trade and refused to give any reasons for firing. Leaving most of your defensive starters unsigned as free agents going in to the off-season. These are not my opinions of the team. These are things that happened throughout this year, and I'm sure I've missed more than half of them. Denial that this team doesn't need massive changes isn't going to help.

If this type of stuff doesn't scream out "scorched earth cleansing" in an organization, then I really don't know what does. But hey, let's just keep those Eskimo rose coloured glasses on, bury our heads in the sand, continue to buy those ticket packages, and watch the **** show of dysfunctionality as we go from LaLacheur to Maciocia to Tillman to Rhodes to Reed to Crandall to....

Last edited by Stoneman89: 11-12-2012 at 09:51 AM.