View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 09:47 AM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Yes as per the agreement the $20 million was moved into escrow. An additional $5 million was to be transferred with 5 days (i believe it was 5) of the Coyotes season ending. There is no indication of that money ever transferring.
If I was advising the NHL, I would leverage the Beasley Transfers and the escrow. Transfers created a $20MM budget problem? There just happens to be $20MM sitting in escrow. Want to solve your budget problem, Glendale? Sign the JIG Lease and we will release those funds back to you so you don't have to cut anything else. Pay us back $5MM per year later (plus interest).

Glendale loves a cash today, pay tomorrow plan. I think that tomorrow's meeting is much more important than anything that might happen on 11/27. The tea leaves will likely be pretty easy to read during the budget discussion. Besides, why would anyone assume that Clark knows what she's talking about? She went on a radio program and announced the lease will be coming. I feel like I've heard that from her before.