View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 09:50 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskin View Post
Do you think its safe to say that Shero and the Penguins didnt feel Pouliot would be available at 22? Also I feel that Shero thought he had a more then realistic shot at signing Parise to fill in the hole at forward? I think Pouliot has a skill set that everyteam wants and needs in todays NHL. Outside of Morgan Reilly he was the most gifted offensive defensemen in that draft that was seriously defense heavy. Im not sure outside of Yakupov and Galchenyuk any of the other forward prospects are that spectacular and thats why so many defensemen went early and the forwards all slipped. If it was the 2013 draft that seems so full of quality prospects I might be upset by Sheros move by taking Pouliot with the 8 pick but 2012 looks to be a rather weak draft year and I think they took a quality player
Thats a good point but still flawed. Not going BPA in the first round is downright stupid IMO.

I hope I'm wrong but I think the Pens are OK with going BDA because they think Crosby and Malkin can carry the offensive load.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote