Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
OUCH!

Team won our first game last night. Hate to say it, but we had a sub goalie and that made a big difference. Our regular guy didn't play at all over the summer and his rebound control and positioning are way off. But we're playing a little better as a team, fewer turnovers in the neutral zone (still seems like we turn it over three times per shift).

No points for me today, but I had a few nice plays including one that resulted in a goal (snagged a loose puck, deked a guy and chipped it up to the winger who took it behind the net and centered it, other winger took the shot, center scored on the rebound). Also got to play more aggressive D and carried the puck through the other team a few times. Always love when you get to wheel around the O zone with the puck on a string and the other team standing still, but missed my shot.

Negatives, I could not settle the puck at the blue line. It jumped my stick a few times and I flubbed a few times, twice resulting in breakaways and once for a goal against. Also took a draw and crushed my pinky finger which is bugging me today.

But a win's a win