View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 10:53 AM
jbeck5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Detroit won once and came to a game seven the following year. It has helped the big market teams though.

That said-- neither your evidence nor mine is much more than anecdotal.
The other guy's evidence is vastly superior to yours. 5 Teams winning the cup in 10 years vs 7 teams winning in 7 years. After the lockout mathematically has twice the parity then before the cap. TWICE.

That's significant yet you ignore, and gave no data that showed otherwise. All you said is "detroit came close". That's nothing. That isn't even data on your part.

I have yet to do the following math, but i bet the numbers will be higher for the last lockout. If so, that proves my point(and the point of most) that there is more parity in the league now then before the cap.

Last 5 years before last lockout:
Average point difference between 1st and 30th: 61.2
Average point difference between 1st and 8th(playoff teams): 21.6

Last 5 years before current lockout:
Average point difference between 1st and 30th: 52.0
Average point difference between 1st and 8th(playoff teams): 20.2

So now thats 2-0 showing data that there is more parity. Now your turn, show me JUST ONE set of data that shows there was more parity before...or that there ISN'T more parity now. Because right now, you've provided ZERO date to back up your point, but data has been shown on more then one occasion that there is more parity.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote