View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I agree with this, moving a bench guy is just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. I would prefer if they dealt a more important piece to send a message. If the Spits moved Bateman I doubt any player would start thinking they are next.

With all that being said I watched Saginaw-Kingston yesterday and Webermin looks like a totally different defenseman, he looks confident, he rushes the puck well, he actually looks to have a clue in his own end, he's the first pair of D out on the PP, he's killing penalties. Boughner says none of the coaches are going anywhere but if you look at the D currently and don't see them making strides might be time to look at some of the coaches and why they can't get the most out of them.
Yeah, I'm not liking our coaching right now. And it looks like we're stuck with them for the forseeable future as Jones and Matsos are not going to get hired away and the bloom is off the Boughner as next young NHL coach rose. Seems more like a lucky couple of draft classes rather than WR's keen eye for drafting/acquiring talent or Boughner and Co's ability to coach them up.

I expect Bateman to break out once he's traded. He should have asked for a trade weeks ago. Spits expect any smallish defenceman to be Ryan Ellis, and if they're not Ryan Ellis than they're in the dog house.