Old
11-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
you win with St.Louis and Fleury in your top 6 not DD
Flawed argument. If you have a top 6 of Crosby, St-Louis, Giroux, DD, Cole and Pacioretty, that doesn't make it a great top 6? Do you still imply that solely with DD in a top 6, you don't win anything? This a league with a salary cap. This is a team that almost needs to start from scratch based on decisions taken. While you might not take DD in your top 6 compared to the Kings, chances are in the near future, you wouldn't trade your Montreal defense for ANYBODY in the league either. So every team has their own strenght. Even LA had their weaknesses, they didn't dominated the league in the regular season either. And I've been told numerous times that despite winning the Cup, Boston was the weakest team to have won it in decades. You win for different sorts of reasons. And until you don't have a greater replacement, DD does a very fine job. And if you have an incredible 1st line, a good 2nd line in the DD line and some incredible grinders forming your bottom 6, added to one of the beset defense in the league and this great goaltender everybody thinks we have....why the heck wouldn't we win anything? How do you know that? Every team, even the Cup winning team has their weaknesses. And if our greateset weakness is that our #2 centerman is small and might not win every battles....if we do end up winning 'cause we're great everywhere else, I'm fine with that. Now, if your point is to say that we need to get rid of him to get better....how are we going to do that? How are we better with DD and Gally on his wings for 1 or 2 years or Gally right now at center with.....who on his wings? Bourque? Gomez?

Yes, we do not have a team right now to be Cup contender. Takes time. We will get there. Until then, you need to keep the guys that can improve your team. If you find somebody else for free, so be it. Since it won't happen, improve where you can, through draft, through trades, through improvement, and we will get there. But I just don't see how DD is talked as one of the problems in this team. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote