View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
I'm going to start of saying that I'm a Caps fan, and I've been trying to figure out a way for all the three involved teams to get the most bang for the buck while helping eachother out. Meaning I think it's useless for teams to have a player riding the bench while getting paid to be a contributer on one team when he, or the capspace that comes with him, might acctually make a difference on another.

I have also looked at needs within the organisation and tried to fill the holes to IMO make all of them as competitive as possible. Although I obviously want the Caps to come out ahead, I think this should make all teams better. I may not be totally accurate on who plays on which position, but the following lines look pretty OK to me.

Keep in mind that while downgrading on one position, the capspace created might allow an upgrade on a more important position. If you feel I'm out of line, please be constructive on why it isn't fair, or what might be a better solution.

Clarke MacArthur.................Marcus Johansson.........................Tyler Bozak
Matthew Lombardi...............Roberto Luongo.............................Nikolai Kulemin
Mathieu Perreault.................Joel Ward.....................................Keith Ballard
Jesse Blacker.......................Andrew Alberts.............................Mason Raymond
Jeff Schultz

Vancouver recieves:...................Vancouver gives:
Clarke MacArthur...........................Roberto Luongo
Matthew Lombardi.........................Mason Raymond
Jesse Blacker................................Andrew Alberts
Jeff Schultz..................................Keith Ballard
Mathieu Perreault

Caphit: $12,070,000......................$13,033,333

Comments: Vancouver unloads Luongo's and Ballard's overpaid contracts (for their current roles on the team, back-up to-be(?) and bottom-pair D), saves $1,5M in capspace this year and a lot more going forward and while strengthening their top-9. They add Lombardi to play 3C and MacArthur to play on the 2nd or 3rd line. Jeff Schultz will battle for a roster spot on their bottom pair. Lack seems ready to back up Schneider and Perreault gives them some cheap depth to play up and down the lines. Raymond seems to be slated for the bottom-6 and isn't a integral piece anymore. Blacker is NHL-ready, but atleast re-stocks Vancouver's not very strong cupboard of prospects. Neither of the players leaving should halter the Canucks Win-now chances.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-MacArthur
Higgins-Lombardi-Hansen
Lapierre-Malhotra-Kassian
Perreault-Wise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Schultz-Tanev
Blacker

Schneider-Lack

Toronto recieves:.......................Toronto gives:
Roberto Luongo............................Matthew Lombardi
Marcus Johansson.........................Tyler Bozak
Joel Ward.....................................Nikolai Kulemin
Andrew Alberts.............................Clarke MacArthur
..................................................Jesse Blacker

Caphit: $10,458,333.....................$11,920,000

Comments: Toronto finally get their no.1 goalie, they add a young fast center with 1C potential that can easily play wing on the second line if not ready. Joel Ward, who was not given the right oppurtunities in Washington, solidifies the 3rd line and their specialteams, and Andrew Alberts is a 5-7 D-man with some snarl on a cheap contract. To get those 2 pieces (1G and maybe 1C) they have to sacrifice some of their depth on the wing. 3 UFA-to-be's (Lombardi, MacArthur and Bozak) are heading out, Kulemin although skilled and powerful had a horrible last year and could benefit from a change of scenary and Blacker is stuck behind all the depth on D in Toronto. They also save $1,5M in capspace.

Lupul-Johansson-Kessel
Van Riemsdyk-Grabovski-Connolly
Frattin-McClement-Ward
Komarov-Steckel-Brown
Kadri-Colborne

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Liles
Alberts-Komisarek
Holzer

Luongo-Reimer

Washington recieves:.................Washington gives:
Tyler Bozak..................................Marcus Johansson
Nikolai Kulemin.............................Mathieu Perreault
Mason Raymond...........................Joel Ward
Keith Ballard................................Jeff Schultz

Caphit: $10,775,000.....................$7,700,000

Comments: While losing their future 2C and adding $3M in caphit with an uncertainty of how the capceiling is going to look moving forward, the Caps also create a better balance between their lines and have players playing up to their paygrades. Bozak allows Laich to play where he belongs as 2LW, Kulemin should be a really good compliment to Ovechkin and Backstrom, Raymond brings even more speed and skill to the third line and should benefit from a new surrounding. Ballard could also revive his carrer from getting top-4 minutes playing alongside Mike Green and allow the ageing Hamrlik to play sheltered minutes on the third pair while mentoring Orlov. Jeff Schultz has run out of favours in Washington and is making way to much to be sitting in the pressbox. Ward is very solid but didn't get the same opportunities as in Nashville and might be better used in Toronto. Perreault was promised top-6 minutes before re-signing, but is stuck behind 5-6 wingers and and isn't a top-2C in Washington.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kulemin
Laich-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Chimera-Bozak-Raymond
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb
Wolski-Hamill

Alzner-Carlson
Ballard-Green
Hamrlik-Orlov
Erskine

Holtby-Neuvirth
My history may be a bit off but I think this would be one of the biggest trades in NHL history in terms of moving bodies.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote