View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But that's the thing. He's been injured....and injured....and injured. So he needs an incredible year, or so I believe, to make them re-signed him. Not doing it so far. Reason why I said slowly but surely. He turns it around, and he gets a closer look. You get really fast at 50 contracts and if my reasoning is good, I would suspect we could be active in the UFA juniors signings with all that new staff we have, covering more grounds, and being more eager to let their imprint already on the new management. So tough decisions ahead and letting Walsh go, if he doesn't have that great of a year, might not be too hard to do. I still believe in him somehow. The guy has a really great frame to do with good instincts. But just never was able to show anything so far.
Injuries will be a factor, but 50 contracts gives you a lot of flexibility in that you can take a chance on a guy. Often 5-7 of those 50 are non prospects playing in the AHL...Desjardins Boyce Henry etc Those guys usually get cut back before younger guys taht are NHL prospects.