View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdl1 View Post
There are enough meaningless regular season games where you need warm bodies, and to escape games without getting everyone killed. It's not a big deal if Barch plays three shifts and Kovalchuk doubles to fill it up for 20 games. I'm not sure why everyone flips out over it - we know it's going to happen, it does happen, and then in the end, it didn't matter because they play 30 games and get replaced by a real player at the deadline and ride pine for 4 months.
I'm sure double shifting Kovy going forward is NOT a good idea. Not to say just a shift or two, but him getting 5+ extra minutes of ice time a night. I would almost bet all that extra time did not help him out when he became the way he did in the playoffs, and was a non factor in the SCF, because he looked to be in a lot of pain, and not even 50 percent sometimes. I don't know why we can't double shift other people too, and spread the minutes out.

Also I'm not sure if we'll see the goons for only 30 games. That's what was said last year when Boulton, and Janssen were both brought in. We said the same thing, and there was about 5 games late in the season where neither played. I have a bad feeling one of CBGB is moved to the 3rd line, or they become the 3rd line while Josefson, and Tedenby get stuck playing with Barch or Janssen most nights.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote