View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 12:10 PM
spitz fan 4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
I'm of the opinion that WR can't/won't shake things up drastically at this stage
but it sounds as if you'll probably see at least two new faces come Thursday night.

Although scoring is something we can really use right now I suspect it'll be veteran defensive help that will show up. Posa is the only veteran defensive D-Man on
the team. Sieloff certainly looks like he'll be a good defensive D-man but he's not quite yet. Ebert, Devlin, McNaughton,and Bateman are more offensive minded while Sanvido is a rookie (with potential) learning the ropes.

The forward group certainly has potential but if you aren't scoring you must be contributing defensively. It appears some players are more inclined to press the forward button and ease up on defensive responsibilities.

What I think will happen is a veteran left winger, who will score a few goals but play defensive hockey as well, will be brought in to replace Emmerson Clark. There is no reason to have both Clark and Bilcke taking up roster space. If you have both dressing for games your team is sadly lacking.

Who will get moved is the $64,000,000 question?

If you bring in a defensive D-man Devlin and Bateman are logical candidates to be
traded. Bateman would bring a greater return, possibly a forward with potential. Trading Ebert would bring back an even bigger return, it all depends on how badly you want to change the make-up of the team.

As for potential forwards who might get moved...Clark or Bilcke, because they both do the same job, should be gone by Monday night. The return for Bilcke should be more than Clark, but Clark being an over-ager is the most logical player to get moved.

Chris Marchese and Michael Clarke are potential trade candidates as well. It again, depends on how much the Spitfire management wants to change the atmosphere in the dressing room. A trade involving either of these players would certainly shake up the team.

* Not familiar with his play but I see Ottawa D Jake Cardwell (Over-ager) may be on the trade block.

One other thing I'd like to mention has nothing to do with trades....whichever coach is responsible for line changes should take a long look in the mirror. I've seen a lot of hockey in my day but rarely have I seen the level of incompetence shown by this/these coaches.
well, too late for cardwell, as he was traded to belleville this morning for a 3rd in 2013 and a 2nd and 5th in 2014, Belleville then traded Jason Shaw to saginaw for a 7th in 2013