View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Del Zotto was a turnover machine despite getting a good amount of points, he's a very effective PMD. Subban, although habing less points, truly blossomed into a legitimate number one defenseman halfway through the season and that was just a glimpse of his true potential.
The bolded exactly describes the entirety of Subban's career so far, perhaps outside of the last half season to which you allude. Hence the loose comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
This is getting a bit ridiculous.. I hope hockey starts soon. Depth chart wise Subban on the Rangers would be their number one defenseman, and McDonagh their number two.
Now, is that because they're both RH shots, do you think? Wouldn't it then also be dictated by the forward lineup that coaches have to work with, and/or the style of game they want to play? If Del Zotto remains their best LH defenseman, do you think it necessarily makes sense to play him with Subban on the first pairing, or does a more "balanced" top two pairings make more sense? Is there a reason that guys with a more "boring" style like McDonagh and Pietrangelo end up with more icetime than more "dynamic" players like Del Zotto or Shattenkirk?

Again, I love the passionate guarantees. I just don't see the value in not giving credit where credit is due, just because a bunch of people believe doing otherwise is demonstrative of "failing to move on" or "crying".

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote