View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
Morik The Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I would have much rather seen Silas dealt and Cardwell brought in, would have received more for Silas than Shaw, and I think Shaw would actually have made a great partner for Cardwell.
Yes, I absolutely agree with you. For me, it's more in the sense of, of how bad Silas has been playing. All the turnovers in front of our net are killing us. You expect a lot more from an over-ager. He costs us a goal in Saturday's game; which we would have ended up winning if it didn't happen. And I also agree that we would have gotten more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Unfortunately you don't see any other team playing a one goal scorer on Powerplay, Penalty Kill and at the end of a game as the 6th attacker, not to mention starting games without some "influence" if you know what I mean. I have listened and watched what people have been calling for years now and it's sad to see when a team needs scoring and yet can't give that extra ice to some of the better known goal scorers or even to developing the rookies better. Look at Saturday's game and the only goal scorers were Petti and Berisha. Imagine being able to allocate extra ice to those guys as well as some more to Crammer Jr. and Heff? The latter 2 would be much better off for next year when they will continue to get more duties. Formula has been wrong for years and there's no end in sight.

Gaunce's 4 goals aren't gonna change the world when he comes back as the team even with him in the lineup isn't scoring enough. Only 2 or 3 guys on the team have broken 20 goals in a season regardless of amount of ice so that means the rest have been playing year in, year out without adding that much needed offense.

At the end of the day if you don't change the formula then only the laws of probability will sway the inevitable outcome. I for one think the team can play a slightly wider open game given the fact they have Malcolm in net and guys like Austin on D. Can't hurt to try for a change as Bulls are still playing .500 hockey.
Yeah, that's what I was saying, I was questioning why Simmonds was thrown out there. Once again, I think the lack of scoring is from struggling players. And it's not like they're not getting the ice time. And Petti looked great in Saturday's game. That line of Zharkov-Petti-Curtis has great chemistry. Michael Cramarossa had a decent amount of shifts in Saturday's game, I thought he played well. And, I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing Heffernan play more, from what we saw in Saturday's game, he was looking good. Had that great chance point blank but was robbed. Probably one of the best chances he will ever get And they're not at .500 hockey.