View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I understand favouring certain prospects, but it's also way too early to make definite assessments on who to draft. There's still a lot of hockey to be played in the meantime and eligible players are bound to move around in the rankings between now and the draft.
totally agree. Not only do we have no idea where we'd be drafting, we have no idea who's going to be ranked where come that time. Nevermind the movement of players in the first round, projecting who's available/ranked appropriately in the second this far in advance is crazy- it always goes waaay off the board as soon as your out of the first round (and usually by pick 15 of the first anyways, or last year, pick 4)

EDIT: forgot to mentionthe "types" of picks i'd like to see. I'd like to see a lefty D pick (preferably a pretty high pick), and at least one boom/bust forward. I'd say a goalie, but goalies are such a crap shoot that i really don't care. i guess between our 4 picks in the first and second i'd like to see 2 forwards and 2 d, the "higher" d preferably being a left sider, and one forward having high offensive potential. No point (imo) in getting anymore into depth then the "types" of picks at this stage of the game.

a couple more "project" d men for the left side wouldn't be bad either. we've essentially got our top 2 righties for the future, best to start looking for their partners.

Last edited by Grind: 11-12-2012 at 12:33 PM.