View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 12:38 PM
kanuck87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
I'm not a fan of the hiring and I thought they should have brought Phil back, but to be honest, I'm not as pessimistic as most seem to be.

First, I think D'Antoni will do good things for the offense and I think his defensive deficiencies can be compensated. The Lakers have two former defensive player of the year (Artest and Howard) + a perenial all-NBA defensive team member (Kobe). Plus, they have two other guys with head coaching experience on the staff. If D'Antoni delegates the defense to them and works with the personnel he has on offense, it could work. Still not the best decision, but I think it COULD work.
I agree with you. I also believe that D'Antoni's defensive deficiencies is a bit over-exaggerated. How many good defenders did those Suns team have? They barely had any average defenders on those teams. Their center was Amare Stoudemire. He'll have three of the better defensive players in the league in Howard, Gasol, and Artest, and all three are decent to elite offensive players as well, not to mention Kobe.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote