Thread: Value of: Evgeni Malkin
View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 02:04 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Yeah, not being able to throw more money at Hossa really killed us in 2009.

Spending $8.7 million apiece on the two best players is a problem every single GM in this league would love to have.

And I love the unrealistic claim. None of these threads are ever started by Penguins fans, we have no desire to trade the guys, and there's absolutely no reason to do so. Your concerns about him leaving via UFA bear absolutely no bearing on their value to us since that isn't an issue here.

That and for all the crap we got for saying you're not going to get Jordan Staal for a bunch of random C-level prospects...Shero got exactly what we expected for him. Maybe even a bit better because Dumoulin is a better prospect than most of the names that were thrown around beforehand.
i ll give u that point that they would love to have that level of talent not the salaries to match. the nhl now is about staying within a budject.
Ive made no such claim that they have the desire to trade them only if they got a soild offer they would /or should consider it. I also never once said anything to do with free agenty . I also never mentioned staal.