View Single Post
Old
11-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Yes but on all of those teams, defense is a need. We have the prospect in the d pool...1 in the o pool. We need a winger prospect outside of ET. We could have had one but chose to bolster our already healthy D pool.
Then Ray went and took Maatta after adding Dumoulin and DP. With their original pick, Aberg, Frk, Samulesson and Collberg were still all on the board.

What's that tell you? It's an org philosophy. Shero trained under Polie, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

I harped on this all last season, but I've accepted this is what Shero believes is best. So why dwell on it? We can't change who he picked, but we can enjoy the fact he has built a sick blueline farm and has the ammo to pull off a big trade for an NHL ready winger.

And I like Grigs a lot, but he has to do this agt men. Talbot had over 200 points his last two seasons in the Q and he became a 4th line plugger. It's a great league, but it isn't like the O, which plays more of an NHL type game.

I've seen tons of promising players like Grigs wilter when NHLers start pounding on them. So I suggest we all wait this out and also keep in mind that both players could have successful NHL careers.

This isn't an either or scenario.

Last edited by Mr Jiggyfly: 11-12-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote