Old
11-12-2012, 03:19 PM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Sarcastic, or for reals?

I can't believe that jersey actually survived for many years. I guess people were actually buying them, but I thought they were awful. The bear looks depressed... it doesn't compare to the bruins main jersey, or the current alternate imo.
You'd be too if you had to witness some of the "talent" that went through the organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
Buffalo should bring those back.
God I hope not, those uni's are hideous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Yeah...Pittsburgh wore that in 1967. The Rangers were also wearing their template in 1967...and all but one season in their preceding 41 years of existence (they wore a basketball-style arched name over a number in 1946-47). It's just glaring of a stylistic rip-off for me to get over...it's like why no other team in the NHL has the mid-gut stripe other than Montreal. That's their signature.

The Penguins similarities to the shoulder yoke of the Red Wings is far less identity theft as much as it is a common history. The Penguins' use of that yoke dates to the old Pittsburgh Hornets.

The Hornets were the AHL affiliate of the Red Wings. They won the Calder Cup in their last game ever in 1967 before the Penguins moved into town.

It was a nice homage without being completely the same - the various jerseys the Penguins used with that yoke between 1977-92 always came with more complicated striping than the Red Wings have ever used. Plus we're just talking about a shoulder yoke, not a full jersey template, and certainly not an essential rip-off of the cresting.
I like the history lesson.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote